Enhancing Fertility through Acupuncture Treatments
- Posted on: Oct 13 2016
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) promote gynecological health and enhance fertility. According to the principles of Chinese medicine, health is restored through the unrestricted and abundant flow of qi (vital energy) throughout the body.
Acupuncture accomplishes this through the insertion of fine, sterile, stainless steel needles into energy pathways known as meridians. It has the potential to regulate the menstrual cycle, increase blood flow to the uterus, balance hormones, invigorate sperm, resolve gynecological problems, promote relaxation, as well as enhance proper function of the entire body.
Individualized Treatment Plans
The beauty of TCM is that a patient’s treatment is tailored to one’s specific needs. We consider all variables to create the best course of treatment. We work together with the patient and in many cases their physician and or mid-wife as well.
Acupuncture treatments are normally received either once or twice a week depending on the patient’s constitution and the amount of time available to achieve the best results. Ideally, acupuncture fertility treatments are received at least three months prior to actual conception. We work together with our patients to maximize results. Everyone is different and we respond accordingly.
We prefer the patient to have acupuncture treatments as close to immediately before and after both the fertility procedure for optimum results. Many patients continue to receive treatments for the duration of their pregnancy, as well as post-partum. Traditionally, acupuncture treatments during the first trimester of pregnancy are done to reduce the risk of miscarriage. Treatments help with stress and anxiety, eliminating nausea, reducing premature uterine contractions, turning a breeched baby, and improving many other common pregnancy aliments.
Use of acupuncture in females:
• Open blocked Fallopian tubes: regulate a menstrual cycle and bring more blood to the uterus.
• Promote fertility: by stimulating your vital organs, balancing your body’s energy, strengthening immune system and reducing stress.
• Reduce FSH (Follicle-Stimulating Hormone): Individuals who have undergone acupuncture have shown that the egg quality significantly improves.
• Enhance the quality of the uterine lining: A healthy uterine lining is necessary to help with embryo implantation and to grow a healthy baby. Acupuncture improves the flow of healthy blood into the uterus.
• Reduce Uterine Contractions after IVF procedures: Acupuncture relaxes the patient and the uterus so it will not contract and expel the fertilized egg.
Use of acupuncture in males:
• Increase sperm count, motility, and morphology by strengthening and revitalizing the kidneys and other internal organs.
• Reducing stress.
• Promoting blood and energy circulation to reproduction organs.
Posted in: Acupuncture