To learn more about the conditions we treat, click below:
AOSMI has experts in acupuncture and arthritis treatment. Come in and meet our Acupuncturist’s today!
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture, which has its origins dating back over 5000 years ago, is a synergy of procedures involving the stimulation of anatomical locations on or in the skin by a variety of techniques through the use of ultra-thin mini needles to reduce pain and regulate various internal processes. By stimulating various acupuncture points, the energy of the body can be unblocked and brought into a state of balance. As a result, energy can move freely throughout the body, promoting pain-free health, well-being and vitality.
Acupuncture can help eliminate pain/inflammation, strengthen your immune system, reduce the harmful effects of stress, treat addictions, promote fertility, and much more by encouraging your body to naturally heal itself. It does this by re-establishing the balance within your body and eliminating harmful stagnation by
encouraging the healthy flow of energy, blood, & oxygen. On a medical level, science has proven that acupuncture has the ability to stimulate endorphins in the brain to help the body relax and greatly reduce bodily pain.
The ancient Chinese learned over five millennia ago that many illnesses and health-related conditions could be corrected or prevented naturally using various “pressure points” to unblock stagnate energy & promote proper circulation of Blood & Oxygen within the body. Acupuncture is a proven, safe and drug-free alternative for healing and strengthening your mind, body, and spirit. By combining ancient wisdom and medical expertise, Acupuncture can treat the root cause of your condition, not just your symptoms, so that you can get the results you want!
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED WITH ACUPUNCTURE INCLUDE:
- Joint/bone/nerve/muscle pain
- Gastrointestinal ailments
- Post-surgical inflammation/swelling
- Anxiety & Stress
- Bronchial ailments
- Weight management
- Neck/Back pain
To Learn More About Acupuncture, Read Our Blog.
Here are some Interesting Topics Written By Our Staff:
- Treating Sciatica with Acupuncture
- Protecting your Heart with Acupuncture: Cardiac Health Benefits
- Post-Surgical Healing With Acupuncture
- Acute Stiff Neck
- Managing Pain; Acute and Chronic
- Amazing Facts about Acupuncture Points
- Insomnia and How Acupuncture Can Help
- Liver and Gall Badder Function
- Acupuncture for Stroke Rehabilitation, MS, Parkinson’s, and other Neurological Issues
- Acupuncture Can Boost Your Immune System
- Acupuncture for Pain Management
- Sinus Congestion
- Acupuncture & Detoxification
- Enhancing Fertility through Acupuncture Treatments
- How Acupuncture can help keep your body in balance